BIRP may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 February 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• Information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and / or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• record keeping.
• We use this information to improve our products and services.
• We periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you’ll find interesting but using the email address you provided.
• From time to time, we also use your information to contact you for market research. We will contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We use this information to customize the website according your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on the hard drive of your computer. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. But this will prevent you from fully enjoy the site.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we have no control over these websites of other companies. Therefore, we can not be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting such sites as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want your information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, you may change your mind at any time by writing to BIRP , 15 rue de l’abbé Grégoire , 75006 Paris, France.